Furnace Accelerator is part of a nationwide competition to build new ventures that are based on one or more patents or technologies developed at Department of Defense (DoD) laboratories. The New England competition will specifically feature technologies from the area’s own U.S. Army Natick Soldier Systems Center.
The New England Furnace Accelerator program will offer high-potential startup ventures a valuable package of benefits, including:
- Incubation space at one of several partner locations
- Admission into an acceleration program lead by early-stage VC firm Wasabi Ventures that includes an intensive 24-week curriculum specially developed for technology startups and direct access to the firm’s experienced partners
- Access to local mentorship and other support services through a network of local partners
- Invitation to a demo day in front of local and national investors, for qualifying companies.
Who should apply?
- Serial entrepreneurs
- Corporate executives or researchers
- University faculty, postdocs and researchers
- Students with strong business or technical backgrounds and a passion for entrepreneurship
- Anyone interested in building a company around a DoD patent
The Furnace Accelerator Program is open to first-time and serial entrepreneurs alike. Given the highly technical nature of DoD patents, individuals or teams without technical backgrounds will want to ensure they have access to technical skills. Preference will be given in the application process to experienced management teams with the appropriate mix of skills.
Attend a Furnace info session at Alpha Loft
When: Tuesday, April 14th
Where: 9 Madbury Road, Durham, NH 03824
Time: 5:30pm – 8:00pm
When: Wednesday, April 15th
Where:844 Elm St. Manchester, NH 03101
Time: 5:30pm – 8:00pm
If you cannot make this event, there are other events scheduled for your convenience. Please click the RSVP button for logistics for each session and to reserve your spot.
Furnace will be hosting two Co-Founders Weekends. These weekends are exciting showcases of available technologies and serve as networking events for Furnace startups. Save the dates for April 24th-25th at Alpha Loft at the University of New Hampshire.