Alpha Loft is creating a new position of Director of Development & Entrepreneurship Network.
Reporting to and in partnership with the CEO the Director will spearhead development efforts as Alpha Loft continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function, serving as a key team member and active participant in making decisions affecting the organization. In partnership with the CEO, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities, and management of the large entrepreneurship network of Alpha Loft that includes partners, sponsors, supporters, network speakers, advisors, and mentors.
The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Alpha Loft’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Director will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support, and will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow through the solicitation of corporate and foundation support, grants, and special events.
S/he will expand and diversify Alpha Loft’s donor/sponsor/partner base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for existing and new initiatives. In addition, the Director will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on an active fundraising role.
It is expected the amount of funding raised will increase in future years as the Director systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
- Develop and execute Alpha Loft’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from corporations, service providers, individuals, and foundations
- Manage the implementation of, and maintain, a CRM in collaboration with other staff
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with partners, sponsors, and other supporters
- Creating and executing a strategy for a sustained base of annual donation and grant income
- Collaborate in organizing special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all fundraising activities
- Support and partner with the CEO and board members on all fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop and implement Alpha Loft’s financial strategy
- Actively work with the CEO and staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, individual, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Alpha Loft ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Exhibit innovation and creativity in the role
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with supporters
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 5-plus years experience demonstrating success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with a broad community of supporters)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexible and adaptable style
- Ability to work independently, but also a team player productively engaged with others within and outside Alpha Loft
- High energy and passion for Alpha Loft’s mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Knowledge of, and capability operating, CRM tools
- Willingness to travel, primarily within New Hampshire
This position will provide a competitive salary and be open until filled. Alpha Loft is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply for the position by sending an email of introduction and resume to jobs @ alphaloft.org with a subject line; Dir. Of Dev. & Network
Alpha Loft is a dynamic organization providing support and resources to entrepreneurs, improving their prospects for successfully launching and scaling innovation-based businesses. Alpha Loft’s success means a strong entrepreneurial culture in NH, creating companies and high quality jobs. In addition to high value programming, events, advice, and mentoring, Alpha Loft has locations in Durham, Portsmouth, and Manchester where entrepreneurs can start and build their companies. Alpha Loft’s financial strength is a function of: strong support from UNH, Dyn, and more than two dozen other sponsors; a large base of co-working members paying monthly fees; individual community supporters; and operating as a highly functioning lean organization.